- Loans & Lines
- Credit Card
- Debit Cards
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Additional Services
Debit Card Controls
With Bank of Hawaii’s Debit Card Controls Service, you are in control of where, when, and how your Debit Card is used. Set customizable limits and alerts in the Bank of Hawaii Mobile App so that you always know how your card is being used and are notified if unusual activity is taking place.
How to use debit card controls
See What You Can Do
- Instantly turn your card on or off to enable/disable new purchases and ATM transactions.
- Your recurring transactions are not affected by turning your card off.
- Set geographic locations where your debit card can be used.
- Pinch and zoom the map to set custom regions.
- Or if you prefer, simply block all international transactions.
- Choose what transaction types you use your debit card for.
- Control what types of merchants your debit card can be used at based on how you use your debit card.
- Stay on budget and set transaction limits.
Manage Your Alerts
- Choose whether you want to customize your alerts or see all transactions.
- Customize your alerts to fit your lifestyle.
- Choose what merchants types you want to receive alerts for.
- Set alerts based on transaction types.
- Use threshold minimum alerts to stay on budget.
Download the App
Take Advantage of Debit Card Controls Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Debit Card Controls Service?
The Debit Card Controls Service (“Card Controls”, “Card Controls Service”) is a feature within the Bank of Hawaii Mobile Banking Services App (“BOH Mobile Banking App”) that allows you to turn your debit card on/off and better manage where, when, and how your card is used.
How do I get the Debit Card Controls Service?
First, you will need to be enrolled in e-Bankoh online banking. If you have not yet signed up, please enroll in e-Bankoh®. Next, you will need to download the BOH Mobile Banking App from the Apple Store for iPhones or the Google Play Store for Android devices. Next, sign into the BOH Mobile Banking App using your e-Bankoh username and password. After accepting the terms and conditions of the Mobile Banking Agreement, you will be able to use Card Controls. From the Accounts landing page, select the “More” button either at the bottom (for iPhones) or the top right (for Android devices). Your eligible cards will already be listed after selecting “Add”. Choose the card(s) you wish to add to the Card Controls feature.
Is there a fee to use the Debit Card Controls Service?
No, it is provided free to all BOH Mobile Banking users.
If I have a joint account and we each have a debit card, do my controls affect their debit card? Can I enable/disable their Card Controls?
Card Controls are set based on the individual card number issued to you. When you access Card Controls in the BOH Mobile Banking App, only the card issued to you will appear for enabling and setting controls.
If I have my card turned off, will recurring transactions go through?
Yes, merchant recurring transactions that you have authorized will be approved. Additionally, you can select to receive alerts on recurring transactions as well.
*Mobile Banking Service requires enrollment in e-Bankoh Online Banking. An internet-enabled device is required to access e-Bankoh Mobile Banking or m.boh.com. Standard data usage fees apply. Please contact your carrier for details. Text messaging fees from your wireless carrier may also apply. Your mobile device must be registered through the Mobile Banking Service enrollment process.
iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.