- Loans & Lines
- Credit Card
- Debit Cards
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Additional Services
WE'RE ALWAYS OPEN
Call toll-free, 24x7
Debit Card Fraud Alerts
Protect yourself from potential debit card fraud with alerts sent right to your mobile phone.
Bank of Hawaii's Fraud Alerts can protect you 24/7 by immediately alerting you of potential fraud on your debit cards through real-time, two-way text, email, and phone for quicker fraud identification and prevention.
How It Works:
- If a suspicious transaction is identified on your Bank of Hawaii Debit Card, you will receive a text message asking you to verify if the transaction is valid by responding back “Yes” or “No”.
- If you respond back “Yes”, you will be able to retry the transaction in question and continue to use your debit card as normal.
- If you respond back “No”, you will receive a call from our fraud department.
- If you do not respond to the text fraud alerts, you will be sent an email fraud alert and/or an automated phone call.
- During this period, you will not be able to use your debit card at any merchant or ATM.
You don’t have to sign up for anything. All Bank of Hawaii Debit Cardholders are automatically enrolled in our Fraud Alerts Service. If you want to opt out of receiving fraud text alerts, simply reply “Stop”. You may also contact our 24-Hour Customer Service Center to opt out of both text and phone alerts. You are not able to opt out of email alerts.
Please make sure your contact information is up-to-date on your Bank of Hawaii accounts. To confirm and/or update your contact information, please sign on to e-Bankoh or contact our 24-Hour Customer Service Center.
Bank of Hawaii's Fraud Alerts will NEVER ask you for personal information such as:
- PIN Number
- e-Bankoh or Mobile Banking Credentials (username / password)
- Account Number
Types of Alerts:
State of Hawaii and US Mainland Phone Numbers
- Text Alerts, E-mail Alerts, Phone Alerts
Guam, Saipan, American Samoa Phone Numbers
- E-mail Alerts, Phone Alerts
Palau, International Phone Numbers
- E-mail Alerts
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Fraud Alerts and when will I be notified?
This is a real-time alert service. If a suspicious debit card transaction is identified, the transaction will be declined and within minutes you will be notified and asked to verify if the transaction is valid. Depending on your location - first, a text message will be sent to the phone numbers on file. If no response is received, an email will be sent to the email address on file. If no response is received, an automated phone call will be generated to the phone numbers on file depending on time of day.
If I respond that the transactions are valid to any of the fraud alert channels, will my card be unblocked immediately?
Yes, your card will be unblocked. However, in some cases, you may need to wait a few minutes to allow the fraud system to update before you attempt the transaction again.
How do I register for these alerts?
No registration is necessary for this complimentary service. As a debit cardholder, you are automatically enrolled to receive alerts if suspicious debit card transactions occur.
How do I verify or update the contact information that Bank of Hawaii has for me?
What if I do not have text messaging service on my phone?
Email and automated phone calls will be generated to notify you of fraud alerts. Please keep your contact information up to date with Bank of Hawaii.
Standard data usage fees apply. Please contact your carrier for details. Text messaging fees from your wireless carrier may also apply.